I've been rather quiet on my blog this week, but I really haven't had anything on my mind that I wanted to write about and my week has been relatively uneventful. Most of the week, I just did some cleaning around the house and ran some errands. I did visit the UofM on Tuesday and got all of my financial aid squared away for this semester and I purchased all of my books. I also had lunch with my buddy Tim & a friend of his named Victoria. The highlight of my week may have been when I asked Victoria to guess my age and she guessed 20 or 21, yes! At least I still appear to be young, haha!
I spent yesterday in Nashville visiting my friends Israel and Denise Brooks. I'm pretty good friends with both of them but Denise is like a sister to me. They got married last December and she moved to Nashville. I miss her a lot & it was fun to hang out yesterday. I also got to know their 3rd member of the family, their dog Spencer. He's a handful, haha!
Now, I'm just looking forward to next week. I will start school on Tuesday! I'm very excited! It'll be really cool to meet some new people & to make some new friends. But I'm also excited about the class aspect too. I really enjoyed my summer school experience with Anatomy & Physiology and I am looking forward to learning more things about how the human body works. I'm also excited because every day I will know that the things that I am working on are leading to my future career. And that's pretty exciting!
For my entire adult life people have asked me "What are your career goals?" and I never had an answer. I knew that I wanted to be a husband and father some day and that I wanted to have a job that would provide for their needs but I didn't really have a passion or desire for any particular career field. So, I'm really enjoying this new phase of life where I know what I want to do. I'm enjoying the process that I am going through to get there and I am excited about the job that I will have in a few years!
Lee - I'm so excited for what God's doing in your life. To watch as you had this incredible epiphany where you realized that you should be doing something totally different with your life is really inspiring. I know that He will bless you in whatever you choose to do, because I know you live your life for His glory and not your own. Have a great first day today, can't wait to hear all about it!
ReplyDelete