ah, the weekend. Fun and lonely at the same time.
I played golf this morning with my dad and cousin. Golf is an interesting sport. I'm pretty competitive when I play sports. I like to win. But when playing golf, I'm rarely concerned about shooting a better score than my playing partners. I'm playing against the course and I just want to shoot as good as I possibly can and I want everyone that I'm playing with to do the same whether that means they beat me or not. Golf can be very frustrating when I play bad. But when I play well, there's no other feeling like it. It's a lot of fun. Today, I played well. :)
But the weekend also brings the loneliest times. Friday and Saturday nights are the loneliest times for me because I feel like those are the two nights that should be spent having fun with friends, and nowadays I'm usually alone on those nights. Ah, how I miss the days of having that group of friends that I hung out with every weekend. But the times change and I'm just at an odd place in my life. I am 27 and single. My old friends have moved away or gotten married. My new friends who are around my age, most of them are in a dating relationship and thus spend time with that person on the weekends. And my younger friends, well, they don't invite the old guy to hang out, haha. I say these things not in bitterness, but to show that I understand why the weekends are the way they are. I know that I am in the place that God wants me to be. I am excited about the path that I see before me. And I understand that I'm just at an odd place socially and I have a peace about my life. Ah, but the weekends are still lonely sometimes. ;)
Tonight though, I watched a good movie. It is called "The Bucket List." It'll make ya laugh. It'll make ya cry. And it'll make ya think about life.
No comments:
Post a Comment