Sunday, August 23, 2009

a cool night

Tonight was a really cool night at church. Three men in our church shared tonight. One shared about the passing of his mother earlier this year. He shared of her daily faithfulness to the Lord and about the peace that the family had because they knew that it was her time to go and be with the Lord. The second man shared about what the church meant to him. He spoke of the great camaraderie that he had with the other men in our church and the great love that he feels from our church body. The third man shared a devotional from Galatians 6 which speaks of carrying the burdens of our brothers and sisters in Christ. He also shared about how members of our church have helped him carry his burden since his wife died two years ago. In between each of the testimonies the congregation sang a worship song to the Lord. It was just a really sweet, sweet time with the Lord tonight. It was one of those nights where everyone in the room was connecting with each other and connecting with God. During the invitation, the alter was filled with adults. That was a pretty cool thing to see. We normally have a few individuals go to the alter each service, but if the alter is crowded it is normally with our youth or young adults, so it was a pretty cool scene to see the alter completely filled up and the vast majority being our adult members. It was just a really sweet time. Even the song for closing benediction was sang with such an energy level that it felt like we had just finished a pep rally and that we were ready to go play the game.

So, all in all, I had a pretty cool weekend. God was near all weekend and I'm eager to stay close to Him.

Well, I've made a post each day since I've started my blog. I feel like I've been pretty honest and transparent with my thoughts, which is a hard thing for me to do. I normally keep most of my thoughts and struggles to myself. I'm the guy who always appears to have everything together, even though honestly I don't. So I'm pretty nervous about putting myself out there like that, nervous about what those who read my blog will think. But it feels pretty good to have an outlet.

If nothing else, hopefully I have helped make a few people's Monday morning at work a little bit less boring. If you haven't read all weekend then you have three posts to read. Enjoy. ;)

Now, let's go to Reggie's! ;)

2 comments:

  1. thanks for the good read... def. helped my monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could have been there! Sounds like a good service. Really enjoying your blog...thanks for the openness!

    ReplyDelete