So, I guess it's obvious by my lack of posts that school has been keeping me busy. I started back on September 1 and it's been going well. My goal for the semester is to be a good student while also leaving time to have some fun. This is my goal because I know that when I start the nursing program there won't be much time for the fun stuff so I'm trying to enjoy this semester before the real tough part begins.
I ran 1.8 miles tonight. That's not impressive, I know. But I've let myself get into the worst physical condition of my life and I just started running again last Wednesday. That first day I ran 1 mile. So, I was pretty happy that in only a week I was able to add .8 miles onto my total. That probably means that I didn't push myself hard enough that first run, but I'll rejoice in whatever progress that I can, ha!
And by no means was my run tonight pretty or fast. I just ran it at a constant pace, huffing and puffing and hurting along the way, but I was happy that I made it without ever having to slow down to a walk. My knees have been sore ever since my first run last week, so I may need a wheel chair to walk across campus tomorrow, haha. But I hope they don't hurt too bad. I may run on the track at school from now on because maybe it will be easier on my knees than the asphalt in my neighborhood. So, if anyone has any advice on how to ease the pain in my knees then please let me know. Is there a running technique that will help? Or some sort of ointment for joints? Geez, I miss the old days when I played all day and nothing ever hurt, haha.
Hmmm. Since this has been quite a boring post, I will leave you with a joke:
Why was Tigger dirty?
Because he played with Pooh!
:)
Great way to end your post. Laura and I got a kick out of it. Lets do something soon. :)
ReplyDeletehaha nice joke. it made me laugh out loud. :) glad you have taken up blogging again!
ReplyDeleteby the way.... you now have 4 followers. watch out world.
ReplyDeleteGlad that y'all laughed! Oh, and 5 followers now! Weeee!
ReplyDelete