Sunday, May 15, 2011

Weekends & Women

I've been working a new job since November 15. That means that today marks 6 months since I've started. I still enjoy the job. The company and my co-workers are amazing! But lately, I find myself looking forward to the weekend all week long. I guess it's because I really enjoy the things that I get to do on the weekend. I like having fun.

The last 2 weekends have been great! I saw Thor with some guy friends & it was awesome! The Grizz games were a lot of fun to watch. They eventually lost the series today, but it was a great run! Softball has been a blast! I really love accomplishing something with a group. So last weekend was a blast to win our game! Sadly, we lost tonight. This one was pretty tough to take. I made a lot of mistakes that hurt the team. But all I can do is move on & bring the A game next time! My bat has been hot this season though. So far I am 9 for 12. So a .750 average. I hope that keeps up!

I love River City Church! Every week God uses our Pastor to show me Biblical truths, challenge me, and encourage me. I've grown closer to God each week since I've been at RCC. I love our band & I always look forward to worshiping the Lord through songs each Sunday!

Also, each of the last 2 weekends I've gotten to hang out with my nephew. He keeps getting more of a personality each week & it's cool to grow my relationship with him as he is growing. I also think that I appreciate the time with my entire family more than ever before. I am blessed to have them in my life.

One other thing has gone on the past two weekends. Last weekend I connected with a young woman. We emailed back & forth a few times. Then we talked on the phone a few times throughout the week. And last night we went to the Redbirds game together. She is a really sweet young woman and I am really happy to have met her. I am excited to spend some more time with her and to get to know her better! I'll admit that I'm nervous that I'm gonna mess up. It's been 10 years since I've made it to the 3rd date with a girl, so that will take a toll on a guy's confidence a little bit, haha. But I'm not living scared. I'm just gonna give it all that I got & whatever happens, happens. I may lack confidence in my dating ability, but I am confident in who I am. I am confident that I am a good guy who loves the Lord Jesus & who has a lot of love to give & that one day a lovely woman will see that regardless of my lack of understanding when it comes to dating. This young woman may or may not be the one, but I am thankful to have met her either way that it goes.

So life has been fun & exciting lately. But also included a few failures, stresses, & hurts. Through the good & the bad I will always praise my Lord Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment