Friday, May 27, 2011

Still running

So, I bought my running shoes last Friday. Ran 3 miles on Saturday. 3 on Monday. & 3 on Thursday. After my run on Monday, my tentative plan was to take 2 days off & then run Thursday, but if I felt up to it on Wednesday then I was going to run then. Well, come Wednesday, I felt like another day off would be good.

Thursday's run ended up being much better than the first two! I think it was a combination of several factors. First, my body is already feeling stronger. I can feel improvement in my legs & cardio already! Second, I think the two days off were just what my legs needed to heal. Third, it was a little cooler than my first two runs. Fourth, I used these tips that I found online http://www.wikihow.com/Run. Yes, I know it is just wikihow, but they seemed to help. Overall, my legs felt much better during the run & my cardio felt much stronger.

Today was an off day as I don't think I'm quite ready for back top back days. I probably won't run tomorrow either. I'm playing golf in the morning & carrying my golf bag on my back for 18 holes is a pretty good work out. But as long as I feel up for it then I will run again Sunday.

I'm still not a runner at heart. I don't enjoy it like some people do. But I am definitely enjoying the results & feel dedicated to keeping it up. & I guess this blog provides some sort of accountability because if I slack off then I'll have to post it, haha.

Since I mentioned a young lady in my blog a couple weeks ago, I guess I am obligated to provide an update. Well, the Redbirds game seemed like it went well & she said that she'd be up for keeping in touch & hanging out again. But since then I've left her 2 voicemails & she has not returned my call. So I suppose that's that. If anything changes then I'll provide an update. If not, it's all good.

Hope you all enjoy this beautiful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment