Romans 8:9-11
"9 You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Christ. 10 But if Christ is in you, your body is dead because of sin, yet your spirit is alive because of righteousness. 11 And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you."
Philippians 1:3-6
"3 I thank my God every time I remember you. 4 In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5 because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, 6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus."
Isaiah 64:8
8 Yet, O LORD, you are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.
I was frustrated with myself this morning. Frustrated with the sin in my life. The sin that I can look back at and see that if I had truely been praying continually as I am told to do in 1 Thessalonians 5:17, then I would have had my eyes focused on God and I wouldn't have committed that sin. Frustrated because I know what I need to do to become a better person, to live a better life, and yet I don't do it. It's simple really, I need to spend time in God's word, spend time in prayer, and spend time with other believers. That's it. God will do the rest. God's word is so powerful that if I search it and memorize it that it will overflow my life and guide my ways. Yet, I am undisciplined in my faith and don't do the simple things that I know will lead to great things.
So, that was the frustration paragraph, ha. Now this is the paragraph where I am reminded of the greatness, faithfulness, and mercy of my great God. As I was broken and upset with myself this morning, these are the sections of scripture that God gave me. Romans 8:9-11 reminded me that Christ is in me! And though my body is dead because of my sin, my spirit is alive because Christ is in me! I get to experience life because Christ is in me! I am not controlled by the sinful nature but by the Spirit of God who lives in me! And it was His Spirit that convicted and comforted me this morning. Philippians 1:6 He who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus! God began a good work in me on the day of my salvation and He is still molding me and will continue to do that until the day of Christ Jesus! Which made me think of Isaiah 64:8. And as I thought of a potter molding the clay, I pictured the potter with his hands on the clay at all times. The clay is only being molded when the potter's hands are touching it. And if God is the potter, and he is continuing to mold me until the day of Christ Jesus, then God's hands are continuously on me. Wow, that blew my mind! I know that assumption may not literally be true, but I do believe it shows that God is always paying attention to me and always working on me, whether that's with His hands or some other way. But I thought the potter and the clay thing was pretty cool, haha.
So in summary, I guess God reminded me again this morning that it is not about me and what I do. It is all about Him and what He has done and is continuing to do. And I should keep my eyes on Jesus. Praise Him always. Remember Him always. Pray to Him continually.
No comments:
Post a Comment