Sunday, March 27, 2011

Moving On

Wow, I haven't written a blog since September? Man, major slacking on my part. Well, a lot has happened since then: several holidays, a new job, a new addition to the family(my nephew Russell), and a new year. It's been a stretch of life that I've really enjoyed.

But I actually did post an entry last night. I deleted it today, haha. Some of you may have read it. Congrats if you did, ha. Basically, the meat of the blog was about how I asked a girl out recently. She said no. It was hard for her to say no & I was disappointed that she wouldn't just give it a shot. But I accepted her answer and hoped to remain friends. But she doesn't want to be friends or doesn't think we can, I'm not sure which.

Anyway, I decided to delete it today because today I realized that I need to move on. I don't need to worry about why she said no. I don't need to worry about why she doesn't want to be my friend. I just need to move on. So I am.

And honestly, I am more at peace and more confident than I've ever been. I love my God, my job, my family, my friends, and my church. I know that I'm a good guy. I think that I deserve a good girl and I think that a good girl deserves me. I'm not in a rush to get married, but I am ready to make the effort to start making progress towards that.

So that's my plan. To move forward. To look for a woman that I connect with who loves God and loves people. And when I find one, to go for it. She may say no, she may say yes and it might not work out, and she may become my wife. Regardless of how it may turn out, I'm just gonna go for it. Because I am confident that I will find a wonderful woman to marry, but I can't just wait for it to happen. I have to take action. And I'm ready to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment