Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Zoo Animals

On a lighter note, I went to the zoo today! It was awesome! The weather was perfect! And so was the price - FREE!

I got to experience the newest exhibit, Teton Trek, for the first time! I liked it a lot! I saw Elk for the first time in my life! But I'll definitely have to go back later this summer or in the fall because the Elk's antler's fall off this time a year and they start to grow new ones. So I'll have to go back in the fall & see them with their fully grown antlers! And I also learned the difference between horns & antlers. You should look it up. Teton Trek also had swans, wolves, and grizzly bears! The grizzlies were awesome! They were very playful & they have an amazing playground! It has lots of room for them to run around and it has a waterfall and a pool and a small river for them to play in. Teton Trek gets a big thumbs up from me!

But the biggest thing that hit me while I was at the zoo was that God has an awesome imagination! It is amazing how many different species of animals he came up with. Haha. But seriously, I really do love the times when I get to take in God's creation and how beautiful it is. From the mountains to the beach to the animals to the people. It never ceases to amaze me.

It's kind of weird to look at the gorillas. They look like they could just start talking to me at any moment, haha. Thank you Planet of the Apes.

Some of my other favorites of the day were the Red River Hog, Serval, Bongos, Zebras, Lynx, & Pumas. The Red River Hog reminded me of Pumba. I made sure that I wasn't downwind from him, haha. The Lynx had the craziest ears! & I just thought the rest of them looked cool.

So, go to the zoo! You'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment