Saturday, September 11, 2010

Cheers & Eagles

The weekend is off to a good start. Last night, I went with my friend Matt to the Chinese Sub Shop! When I was in college at the UofM & when I worked at the BCM, I used to visit the Sub Shop every week. But it has been months since I've been there. It was just as good as I remembered! And the lady who works there still remembered me! I guess you could say that it's my very own "Cheers." And if any of you youngsters don't know what "Cheers" is then you need to google it.

This morning I played golf for the first time in about a month. I enjoyed this round more than I have any round in a while. I shot an 80, which is pretty good but not great. But it was one of the best ball striking rounds that I have ever had. I hit my drives long and straight and I hit a lot of good iron shots too. However, my chipping and putting were absolutely terrible. Ah, what might have been. I had five 3 putts and 38 putts total. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about, that is really bad putting, haha. So, if I had chipped and putted well then I could have had one of my best rounds ever. But I enjoyed hitting the ball well, because I've struggled with my swing this year but today it felt really good and easy.

The highlight of my round was probably the best shot that I have ever hit. It was on a short par 4 that played 290 yards. I hit my driver on the green about 15 feet short of the hole. I then made the putt for an eagle! (golf dictionary: an eagle is 2 shots better than par on a hole. Thus a 2 on a par 4 is an eagle.)

Needless to say, I can't wait to play again! I hope that I can continue to hit the ball well. And I'll definitely practice my putting before next time, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment